CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

So yes I am a little behind but things here are moving too quickly to keep up with. For Memorial Day weekend we decided to head to San Diego since who knows when Peyton will have a long weekend for awhile. We had so much fun while we were down there. We went to Seaport Village on Saturday, Sea World on Sunday and then the zoo on Monday. Seaport Village is just a shopping and eating area not too far from downtown San Diego. The walk was great and the view was amazing! We ate some really great Mexican food and I had the best tasting tequila I mean Margarita I have ever had!!! Jameson had the most fun at the fountains that were there. We sat and watched the ships and the kites and then headed to the Hardrock Cafe for dinner.




SeaWorld is a great place to go with a little boy that loves fish! Once we gotten in we decided that we should see the Shamu show as soon as possible so right after lunch we headed that way! I thought 'Jameson is going to love this to this show so lets sit close'. I chose row 11 thinking that although it said "SOAK ZONE" that it really wouldn't be that bad since there were only 16 rows in the soak zone. I mean seriously 11 out of 16 how far could that whale splash. So there we are sitting there and they start chanting "Shamu splash, Shamu splash." And man oh man does Shamu splash. We were litterally soaked! Jameson hated Shamu and I can't blame him! The water was 52 degrees and it comes at you fast! Peyton had to run Jameson out there before they did it again and I sat there and got soaked 2 more times!!! The rest of the day was a blast and I don't think we saw it all! We had so much fun checking out the fish and the penguins. We went to another show and I had to convince Jameson that we wouldn't get wet again! Jameson was out as soon as he was strapped into his car seat with his penguin in arm!!
Waiting for Shamu to start.
Checking out all the fish.



On Monday we headed to the San Diego Zoo! The zoo is huge and I think we walked in circles for the first hour or two! We saw the lions (one of Jameson's favorite animals I think second only to fish!), the pandas and the polar bears.

Jameson making his monkey face!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful picture of you and Jameson! You should frame that one!

The Vrabecs said...

Wow, what a busy and fun weekend. Glad you guys enjoyed your time together!! Great pictures.