CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Housing Update

So after about 100 homes we finally found one that was reasonable priced and needed a little work, not a ton. For those of you that have never bought a house in MT let me tell you it is an experience that I wish on no one. After speaking to people who are from Great Falls we have figured this much out: everyone here feels that they can overprice their homes, that they will not negotiate a discount, to ask for 2% less than asking is, according to "my" real estate agent, a "kick in the teeth", that I act too much like I am trying to buy a used car and I need to be about the house and not the deal (another wonderful comment from "my" real estate agent), not one home under $200K does not need some kind of work and that people out here can't understand why there are so many homes (326 in just our price range of $140K to $175K) and none of them are selling!!!
With that said we did find a great home! We have a huge back yard, a master suite (which out here is an actual luxury!), and it just needs a new kitchen (we don't have a dishwasher!). I don't have pictures yet but I will soon!

We close a week from today (August 4th) and I can't wait!

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Congrats on the house, can't wait to see pics. Sounds like your real estate agent was super friendly, I am sure you will be using her again! Anyway, congrats again!

Unknown said...

yay! can't wait to see it! great news!